MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry’s relationship was “leaked by a member of Prince Andrew and Princess Eugenie’s team”, it has been claimed.
According to biography Finding Freedom, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had been trying to keep their blossoming romance a secret but word got out thanks to a member of royal staff.
Authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand wrote: "The Sunday Express was going to run with the story of their relationship – and the tabloid was rumoured to have been tipped off by an employee of none other than Eugenie and her father, Prince Andrew."
Prince Harry and Suits actress Meghan had been flying across the Atlantic to see each other, but barely left their homes as they didn’t want to be spotted.
However, on October 31, 2016, they couldn’t hide it any longer as news of their romance was revealed.
Eugenie, 30, and Prince Harry, 35, are said to be very close, and Eugenie previously played matchmaker for her cousin when she set him up with her actress friend Cressida Bonas.
According to Finding Freedom: "Eugenie has always been more than just a cousin to Harry. They were also the closest of friends.
"Out of all the Queen's grandchildren, Harry and Eugenie have one of the most natural connections.
"Harry had always confided in his cousin when it came to the women in his life. Not only did he trust her implicitly, but friends say that she gives great advice and has always been ‘beyond wise’ for her years.”
The authors claim that Eugenie was one of the first royals that Harry told about Meghan.
FINDING FREEDOM REVELATIONS
- Harry told Meg 'I love you' first three months into their whirlwind romance
- Anti-paparazzi Meghan CONSPIRED with snappers to set up shots herself
- Harry gave Charles 20 minutes' notice before crushing his Middle East tour
- Harry and Meg secretly got engaged two months before they told the world
Eugenie and Harry took many holidays together as kids with mums Princess Diana and Sarah Ferguson, and they enjoyed the London clubbing scene together when they were older.
Omid and Carolyn wrote: "The two had many nights out together, sneaking into back entrances of clubs, such as Mahiki, where Jack was once a manager, or Tonteria, where in one of the VIP cave areas, they downed shots from Mexican skull-shaped glasses and a giant frozen margarita (with multiple straws)."
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle began dating in July 2016, according to news agency Reuters, and the couple announced their engagement in November 2017, ahead of their May 2018 wedding.
TIMELINE OF MEGHAN AND HARRY’S RELATIONSHIP
- In late October 2016, it was reported that glamorous actress Meghan, who played Rachel Zane in legal drama Suits, was secretly dating Prince Harry. A close pal of the royal confirmed they had been dating for several months, in an interview with People.
- On November 8, 2016, Kensington Palace confirmed the pairing with a statement, saying the Prince was worried for her safety.
- On December 14, 2016, The Sun published exclusive first pictures of Harry and Meghan – who is three years his senior – as they were spotted hand-in-hand, while out on a date in London. At the time, pals said actress Meghan had “virtually moved in” to Harry’s cottage at Kensington Palace with the couple having been “inseparable” for weeks.
- On May 6, 2017, Meghan made her first public appearance as royal girlfriend when she proudly watched Prince Harry playing polo in Berkshire.
- On September 25, 2017, the pair were pictured together in Toronto as they attended the Invictus Games, Prince Harry's sporting competition for wounded service personnel.
- On October 1, 2017, during the games closing ceremony, the pair were spotted in an embrace and at one point the pair shared a kiss. It came as they sat in the stadium beside Meghan's mum Doria.
- On October 19, 2017, it was reported Harry had taken Meghan to Buckingham Palace for a meal with his grandmother – Her Majesty the Queen.
- On November 14, 2017, speculation grew about Meghan's exit from Suits when a source told Us Weekly her departure would be easier as co-star Patrick J. Adams had also decided it was time to leave. The insider said that Patrick's exit storyline "will make it an easy break for Meghan to leave as well".
- On November 26, 2017, it was reported Palace officials briefed PM Theresa May on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s "imminent” engagement.
- On November 27, 2017, it was announced that the couple were engaged to be married in spring 2018. After a photocall at Kensington Palace, they gave their first joint interview to the BBC.
- On December 15, 2017, Kensington Palace confirmed the ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 19, 2018.
- On March 22, 2018, Meghan and Harry sent out their Royal Wedding invitations.
- On May 19, 2018, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in Windsor in front of their family, friends and the world.
- On October 15 2019, Harry and Meghan announce they are expecting their first child in Spring 2019.
- On May 6, 2019, at 5.27am, Meghan Markle gave birth to a healthy baby boy, weighing 7lbs 3oz. Unlike Prince William and Kate Middleton, Harry and Meghan opted for their baby's arrival to take place in Windsor.
- On May 19, 2019, Meghan and Harry celebrated their first wedding anniversary by thanking everyone for "all of the love
It's not clear how or when precisely Harry and Meghan first met but it's thought the couple may have been introduced by Soho House director Markus Anderson at the Invictus Games.
Meanwhile, we shared how Princess Eugenie ‘was upset Meghan Markle revealed pregnancy at her wedding and felt she should’ve waited’.
Source: Read Full Article