This much we know to be true:
Dorinda Medley is outta there.
The veteran The Real Housewives of New York cast member will not return for new episodes of the beloved Bravo franchise, announcing the surprising move herself via Instagram.
“What a journey this has been. I have laughed and cried and tried to Make it Nice. But all things must come to an end,” Dorinda wrote on Tuesday, August 25.
“This was a great outlet for me to heal when my late husband Richard passed away,” she added.
“I have met so many interesting people and learned so much about myself, about life and about women along the way.”
Medley concluded her message as follows:
“Thank you to Bravo and NBC for the incredible ride and to my cast mates for constant stimulation and entertainment. I wish you all health, happiness and success.”
So there we have it, right?
Following five seasons on the show, Dorinda is saying she will not be a part of the program moving forward.
But did she make this decision herself, as hinted in her Instagram post?
Or did executives fire Dorinda Medley as a Real Housewife of New York?
According to The Daily Mail, it was the latter.
This outlet writes that “55-year-old star was informed of the network’s decision to give her the ax on Tuesday, just two days after her good friend Jon Giswold passed away.”
The report goes on to note that Medley tried to get ahead of the story by issuing her statement on social media.
Lettiing Medley goes is a “big mistake,” a production source said late yesterday to DailyMail.com, adding:
“We’re all surprised as even though she had a tough season, she is a fan favorite who people are rooting for.
“Dorinda was the only housewife left who owns both her own apartment in New York City alongside a second home in the country. You watch, this is an error that they will regret.”
To be fair, Page Six quotes an insider who says Medley reached a “mutual decision” with higher-ups to leave and that she was NOT fired.
Either way, of course, she’s gone — and the series is already planning for life without this veteran lead.
This same publication claims Season 13 may be centered on Leah McSweeney and her friends, while casting is already underway for Dorinda’s replacement.
McSweeney, meanwhile, previously told The New York Post that she wants the program to feature a more diverse cast moving forward:
“I hope that there’s not only diversity of race, but an even deeper diversity of where someone lives or what their interests are.
“I hope that there’s just more diversity all across the board because New Yorkers are not a monolith, obviously.
“I think that it is gonna head in that direction.”
As for reaction to this surprising news?
“Swipe right for the funniest, most heart-moving, & loving, growing, supportive moments with me and Dorinda over the seasons,” Sonja Morgan wrote on Instagram.
“What’re we doing here without Dorinda? Watching to see what the next chapter is for the Queen of ‘Making It Nice’ and who always speaks her mind. Sending all my love.
“Forever friends and always remembered on @Bravotv over the many years. @DorindaMedley.”
“What a ride. Unforgettable,” Andy Cohen added.
“Dorinda was only ‘real’ HW,” Carole Radziwill tweeted.
“So no more truth telling too. Trust me that’s a main reason cast is let go. Telling the truth & exposing fake cast members & their storylines & how its all manipulated by production.
“I will never tire of saying I told you so about Trump, and this.”
McSweeney said she is “gonna miss” Dorinda, while Bethenny Frankel chimed in with:
“Every woman in this world wears a little sparkle, some in their dress, and some in their eyes.
“Use each moment to make another’s eyes sparkle and to warm a heart. Don’t let anyone or anything dull your sparkle. Don’t let the insecurities of others dull your sparkle.
“You will be missed … let the next chapter begin. #RHONY.”
Source: Read Full Article