Can YOU ace this vocabulary quiz? Multiple choice challenge will put your knowledge of the English language to the test
- Multiple choice vocabulary quiz challenges you to pick the correct definition
- The words are all used in everyday speech but might give you pause for thought
- We’ve included the answers at the bottom of the article – but don’t cheat!
This multiple choice quiz will put your knowledge of the English language to the test.
Created for US-based trivia website Playbuzz, the online challenge features eight words that come up in everyday conversation.
But can you identify the correct definition for each one?
Quiz master Tal Garner has upped the difficulty by making some of the possible definitions frustratingly similar, so you’ll have to stop and think before answering.
Once you’ve read through all eight, scroll down to the bottom to check your answers.
This multiple choice quiz compiled by Playbuzz will put your knowledge of the English language to the test (stock image)
1. Catalyst: A person or thing that precipitates change
2. Dearth: Lack of something
3. Eloquent: Fluent and persuasive in speech
4. Caveat: A warning
5. Endure: To remain in existence
6. Cumbersome: Difficult to do or manage
7. Decrepit: Weak and in poor condition
8. Nonchalant: Feeling or appearing casually calm
Source: Read Full Article