Pochettino puts Newcastle on alert as ex-Spurs boss admits he is ready for another Premier League job – The Sun

MAURICIO POCHETTINO has put Newcastle on full alert by saying after six months out of football, his “tanks are full” and he is ready to manage again.

And the former Spurs boss has given the Toon’s prospective new Saudi owners hope of landing him by revealing he and his coaching team would prefer to work in the Prem and are open to all offers.

Poch, in his first newspaper interview since his gardening leave following his November sacking by Spurs ended this week, said: “Are we ready and hungry to get back to work? Yes. After six months, our tanks are completely full.

“Always, you dream of the perfect club. The perfect project.

“But we are a coaching staff that are open to listen to all the projects, all the people. We are learning and sharing ideas.

“You never know when it’s going to be the motivation or the inspiration to say, Oh, they are the right people, and you want to be with them or their club.

“We are very receptive to listen to all the people because every single conversation we can learn from and maybe we can see a motivation to go with them.”

Pochettino has also been a target for Manchester United and Real Madrid in the past.

The Premier League is the best league in the world. We enjoy it a lot.

But Newcastle's new owners, led by mega-rich Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, will be in a position to swoop for the Argentinean as soon as their £300million takeover is officially rubber-stamped.

The former Espanyol chief has worked in this country since joining Southampton in January 2013.

Asked if he would prefer to stay in the Premier League, he said: “Of course we love England, and the Premier League. We feel very good here. We are still living here in London.

“I am not going to change my feelings now because I am not involved in the Premier League at this moment.

“I still think the Premier League is the best league in the world. We enjoy it a lot.

“Of course, it’s one of the options. Of course, it can be my priority but I am not closed to move to a different country.

“It’s going to be difficult to leave this country – but not impossible.”

Source: Read Full Article

Newcastle takeover to get green light with Premier League chiefs set to approve £300m Saudi buyout – The Sun

NEWCASTLE'S £300million takeover is done.

The Premier League will give the green light for Amanda Staveley’s Saudi-backed consortium to take control of the St James’ Park club — when the transfer of funds are sorted.


There had been a delay while authorities work on Project Restart as they try to get the game up and running amid the Covid-19 crisis.

SunSport understands the League’s owners and directors test found no barrier to the takeover.

Financier Staveley, who is fronting the bid, is expecting official word next week.

Then once the funds and paperwork are sorted an announcement will be made on or around June 1.

Newcastle fans want current owner Mike Ashley out after a 13-year reign that saw Toon twice relegated to the Championship.

'IN THE DARK'

They blame Ashley’s lack of investment — with top players sold while St James’ Park and the club training ground have also been allowed to decay.

Now the financial might of the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund, and billionaire British businessmen the Reuben brothers, is coming to the rescue with a target of challenging for honours.

Boss Steve Bruce said yesterday he was “in the dark” over the bid but feels he can emulate Kevin Keegan and Sir Bobby Robson by turning Newcastle into a Champions League outfit again.

Mauricio Pochettino and Rafa Benitez are both mooted as replacements but Bruce said: “If it’s good for Newcastle — and the club are going to try to compete with these teams — to be part of it would be great.

“I’d back myself, of course I would.”

Newcastle loanee Danny Rose said players are being treated like “lab rats” during Project Restart and Bruce added: “He could be less harsh with comments but he’s entitled to his opinion.

“If a player or staff, and had reservations, you have to respect them.”

Source: Read Full Article

Newcastle in talks over £21m permanent transfer for Inter Milan star Valentino Lazaro to kick-start Saudi revolution – The Sun

NEWCASTLE are in talks over a £21.25m deal for Inter Milan star Valentino Lazaro – to kick-start their Saudi revolution.

The Austrian winger joined Steve Bruce's side in January until the end of the season, where he has made five appearances and scored once so far.

The 24-year-old had a clause inserted in his initial move, which gave the Toon the chance to sign him on a permanent transfer.

And the club have had discussions over the structure of a deal, as the Premier League side prepare for the season to restart following the coronavirus delay.

It is understood Newcastle are closing in on a £300m takeover by a Saudi Arabian consortium, ending Mike Ashley's failed reign.

The Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund are believed to be worth £320bn… more than ten times Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour.

And it is understood that should the deal go through – the new owners will be keen to splash the cash.

Inter, meanwhile, are desperate for the money, as they look to raise funds to spend when the transfer window opens this summer.

The ex-Salzburg star Lazaro is expected to be offloaded by Antonio Conte to Newcastle, or on loan to another Serie A club.

And the Nerazzurri do not want to make a loss on the £20m they paid Hertha Berlin for him back in the summer of 2019.

He has only made eleven appearances for the Italians, and they believe that they already have enough wingers and midfielders in their squad.

Source: Read Full Article