Prince William wore friendship bracelet he was given with Kate Middleton in new mental health documentary

ROYAL fans spotted a touching detail in Prince William's documentary about men's mental health which aired earlier this week.

Eagle-eyed viewers noticed that the Duke of Cambridge, 37, was wearing a blue friendship bracelet during the BBC programme – during which he discussed the "trauma" of losing his mum Princess Diana.

It appeared to be the same sweet accessory that the father-of-three had been given as a gift on the royal tour of Pakistan last year with Kate Middleton.

During their trip to the SOS Children's Village, an orphanage in Lahore, the Duchess of Cambridge, 38, had been presented with a pink version of the bracelet.

In a post on Twitter, one fan wrote: "This is the cutest thing!

"So when William and Kate did their Pakistan tour they visited an orphanage where the kids gave them bracelets (blue for William and pink for Kate).

"In yesterday’s documentary, he was wearing it."

One person commented: "Little details like these are the reasons we love them so much.

Another shared: "This is amazing."

A third added: "Wow, good catch!"

Indeed, the blue bracelet could be glimpsed beneath the duke's navy blazer sleeve in the documentary, where he is speaking on camera about his Heads Up campaign.

Last October, in Pakistan, he and the duchess spent the morning at an orphanage – and visited for a second time during the tour when they had to rearrange plans due to bad weather.

At the time, Kate said: “William and I really wanted to come and see an SOS Children's Village like this.

“There's so many vulnerable women here but they've really used their positivity and the support that the Village here provides them, really to support and protect the next generation of children in their care and give them the best possible start to their future lives.”

In other royal news, we told you that the Queen has banned her family from playing Monopoly.

We also revealed that Meghan Markle has been secretly working with an animal charity.

And Prince Harry is a "lost soul" living in Los Angeles, according to an expert.

Source: Read Full Article

William Roddie Bryan tried to ‘confine and detain’ Ahmaud Arbery, warrant says

The Georgia man who recorded the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery was arrested in part because he repeatedly tried to “confine and detain” the unarmed jogger with his vehicle in the minutes leading up to Arbery’s death, according to his arrest warrant.

The warrant for William “Roddie” Bryan Jr. alleges he “did attempt to confine and detain Ahmaud Arbery without legal authority … utilizing his vehicle on multiple occasions” in the 20 minutes before the fatal shotgun blasts, according to CNN.

Bryan, 50, acted “with the intention of confining and detaining Arbery,” the warrant states.

The Brunswick, Ga., man was arrested Thursday on charges of felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment.

Bryan’s video helped incriminate his neighbors Gregory McMichael, 64, and Travis McMichael, 34 — the white father and son charged with the Feb. 23 shooting death of Arbery, 25, who was black.

The pair reportedly chased the unarmed Arbery for more than four minutes before Travis McMichael shot Arbery at close range with a shotgun following a tussle.

Only after the video surfaced and went viral two months later — prompting a national outcry — were the McMichaels arrested.

Ironically, it later surfaced that it had been Gregory McMichael, a former Glynn County police officer and prosecutorial investigator, who had first leaked the clip to the press — because he thought it would make him and his son look better.

The elder McMichael told police that he and his son suspected Arbery in a rash of break-ins in the neighborhood.

Bryan, who is also white, has always insisted he was just a good Samaritan, but an expanded version of his video, released by S. Lee Merritt, Arbery’s family’s attorney, showed that he got into his vehicle and also chased Arbery.

A person can be charged with felony murder in Georgia if he or she is alleged to have contributed to another’s death, even unintentionally, while committing another felony. The charge of attempted false imprisonment is that felony in this case, Georgia Bureau of Investigation Director Vic Reynolds said Friday in a news conference, according to CNN.

Source: Read Full Article

Prince William calls Boris Johnson days after he welcomed son Wilfred

Sharing some fatherly advice? Prince William calls Boris Johnson to chat over the phone days after the Prime Minister welcomed newborn son Wilfred

  • Prince William, 37, called to chat with Boris Johnson, 55, yesterday afternoon
  • Call came days after Prime Minister welcomed his son Wilfred on Wednesday 
  • Mr Johnson’s fiancee Carrie Symonds today revealed first picture of newborn

The Duke of Cambridge phoned Boris Johnson and chatted with the Prime Minister over the phone days after the politician welcomed his newborn son.

Prince William, 37, called Mr Johnson, 55, on Friday afternoon, with their phone meeting recorded as an official event in the Court Circular. 

The call came days after Mr Johnson and fiancee Carrie Symonds, 32, welcomed their son Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas Johnson at NHS’s University College Hospital in central London on Wednesday morning.     

Boris is known to have fathered five children, with Wilfred being his first son since welcoming a daughter Stephanie 11 years ago, while Prince William has three children, Prince George, 6, Princess Charlotte, 5, and Prince Louis, 2. 

Father-of-three Prince William, 37, phoned Boris Johnson on Friday afternoon, days after the Prime Minister welcomed newborn son Wilfred (pictured, Prince William with Kate Middleton, 38, and their children, Prince George, 6, Princess Charlotte, 5, and Prince Louis, 2) 

The Court Circular, a daily list of the official engagements conducted by the Queen and her family, recorded their telephone calls to the hospitals as events yesterday.   

It said: ‘The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon held a Meeting with the Rt Hon Boris Johnson MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) via telephone.’ 

Prince William’s phonecall is known to have followed a message to the couple from the Queen.

Her Majesty is also known to have sent a private message of good wishes to congratulate the couple on the birth of their son, Buckingham Palace said. 

The Prime Minister spoke with the Duke of Cambridge over the phone during a meeting on Friday afternoon, days after he welcomed his newborn son (pictured returning to 10 Downing Street from hospital after the birth of his son)

Earlier this month, the Duke tweeted a personal message to the Prime Minister and Carrie as Mr Johnson battled coronavirus in hospital.

Posting on his official Twitter account, and signing it off with his initial ‘W’, he wrote:  ‘Our thoughts are with the Prime Minister and his family, who like so many in the UK and around the world are affected by coronavirus. We wish him a speedy recovery at this difficult time. W.’ 

Earlier today, Carrie revealed the name of her and Boris Johnson’s newborn son as Wilfred, after the Prime Minister’s grandfather, as the proud parents shared the first photograph of their baby boy with the world. 

In a post shared on Ms Symonds’ Instagram, the first-time mother was seen tightly cradling her son, who sported a full head of hair not dissimilar to that of his father, as she boasted: ‘My heart is full.’

It comes as Carrie revealed the pair have named their baby Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas Johnson, and shared the first snap of the newborn

A heart-warming caption revealed the boy’s full name as Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas Johnson, with Lawrie a reference to Ms Symond’s grandfather and Nicholas a tribute to the two doctors that ‘saved Boris’ life’. 

The caption read: ‘Introducing Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas born on 29.04.20 at 9am. Wilfred after Boris’ grandfather Lawrie after my grandfather Nicholas after Dr Nick Price and Dr Nick Hart – the two doctors that saved Boris’ life last month.

‘Thank you so, so much to the incredible NHS maternity team at UCLH that looked after us so well. I couldn’t be happier. My heart is full.’

The new family are planning to live in their Downing Street flat along with their dog Dilyn, the Number 10 spokesman confirmed earlier this week. 

Source: Read Full Article

Prince William Could Be Stripped of His Title of Lord High Commissioner When Prince Charles Becomes King

Prince William is no stranger to royal titles. As second in line to the throne, William already has a slew of titles under his belt and will be getting new ones when his father, Prince Charles, is on the throne. Although William is destined to receive these new appointments, there is one title he might lose once Charles is the King of the United Kingdom.

A look at Prince William’s titles

William received a number of different titles when he tied the knot with Kate Middleton in 2011. Along with being named the Duke of Cambridge, William holds the titles of Baron Carrickfergus (Northern Ireland) and Earl of Strathearn (Scotland).

Charles, meanwhile, will likely give William the Duchy ofCornwall when he takes the crown. This would make William the Duke of Cornwalland give him the responsibility of managing the lucrative estate.

View this post on Instagram

Today @MindCharity, @SamaritansCharity, @GiveUsAShoutInsta, @Hospice_UK, and The Royal Foundation have come together to provide round-the-clock mental health support to frontline workers. Each of these organisations will be providing expertise in their relative field, to support the extraordinary people on the frontline responding to COVID-19 in the UK, and supporting the mental health sector as it responds to the immediate and long-term mental health consequences of the pandemic. So what does this mean? This means trained volunteers will be on hand, by call or text, as well as specially developed online resources, toolkits, and advice to support the frontline community’s mental health through this challenging time. Visit @OurFrontlineUk to learn more about #OurFrontline.

A post shared by Kensington Palace (@kensingtonroyal) on

More recently, Expressreports that Queen Elizabeth gave Prince William the title of Lord HighCommissioner, which grants William the right to represent Her Majesty atGeneral Assembly of the Church of Scotland.

This role has traditionally been a one-year deal, with othermembers of the royal family holding it at one point in time. While William willlikely keep the title for years to come, there is a chance he will have to giveit up once Charles is on the throne.

Will William lose his title of Lord High Commissioner?

Once Queen Elizabeth is gone and Charles inherits the crown, he will have the authority to grant new titles. One of his early moves might strip William of his title as Lord High Commissioner, which was previously held by Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew, and Prince Edward.

Experts believe this might actually lighten William’s load andcould be a good thing. On the other hand, William could take it as a slight,depending on what other titles he gains.

View this post on Instagram

Self-isolation and social distancing can pose huge challenges to our mental health — in recent weeks The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been in regular contact with organisations and patronages to understand the issues they are facing during this difficult time. Last week ☎️ The Duke spoke to @mindcharity CEO Paul Farmer, and The Duchess spoke to Catherine Roche, CEO of @_place2be. Today Public Health England has published new guidance to help support people during the COVID-19 outbreak, and updated its world-leading Every Mind Matters platform, with specific advice on maintaining good mental wellbeing during the outbreak; take a look at our Story or visit the link in our bio 📱 to find out more. Speaking about the new guidance, The Duke and Duchess said: • “It is great to see the mental health sector working together with the NHS to help people keep on top of their mental well-being. • By pulling together and taking simple steps each day, we can all be better prepared for the times ahead”. • The Government has also announced a grant for @MindCharity to help fund their services for people struggling with their mental wellbeing during this time.

A post shared by Kensington Palace (@kensingtonroyal) on

For several years, Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, have steadily increased their royal engagements. With Andrew, Prince Harry, and Meghan Markle out of the mix, William and Kate’s responsibilities will grow even larger in 2020.

William has also been learning more and more about the Duchy ofCornwall in recent years so that he is better prepared for the transition.

Queen Elizabeth grants the Duke of Cambridge another title

While we wait to see how Charles handles the Lord High Commissioner title, Queen Elizabeth just granted William another patronage. Prince William is now the patron of the National Emergencies Trust, which collaborates with charities to help people suffering from disasters.

Kensington Palace recently confirmed the appointment on socialmedia, writing, “The Duke of Cambridge has become Patron of the NationalEmergencies Trust @NatEmergTrust for 2020.”

View this post on Instagram

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge joined The Queen and Members of @TheRoyalFamily for the annual #CommonwealthDay Service at Westminster Abbey. The Commonwealth represents a global network of 54 countries working in collaboration towards shared economic, environmental, social and democratic goals — the Commonwealth theme for 2020 is Delivering A Common Future: Connecting, Innovating, Transforming. Her Majesty The Queen was 26 years old when she became Head of the Commonwealth in 1952 — important symbolic and unifying role. As Head, Her Majesty personally reinforces the links by which the Commonwealth joins people together from around the world. From working to protect the earth's natural resources and preserving the planet for generations to come, to championing fair trade and empowering the youth of today to transform the communities of tomorrow, this year’s Service celebrated the Commonwealth's continued commitment to delivering a peaceful, prosperous and more sustainable future for all. #CommonwealthDelivers

A post shared by Kensington Palace (@kensingtonroyal) on

Prince William addressed the organization upon its launch in2019. Last month, he spoke at length about the company’s efforts to help thoseaffected by the coronavirus pandemic.

William and Kate have been working with several charities amid the current crisis and are living at their country estate, Anmer Hall, with their three children: Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis.

What name will Prince William take as King?

William may have to give up some of his titles along the way, butthere will come a time when he inherits the crown. When that happens, Williamwill have the opportunity to change his name, a subject that was brought upduring a recent video call with teachers and students at a school inLancashire.

According to Townand Country, one attentive student asked Prince William about whathe wants to be called when he sits on the throne.

“The first William was William the Conqueror. What do youwant to be called?” the student asked.

William laughed at the question and said that he “declinedto comment.” There is a good chance that William sticks with his firstname and becomes King William V, but he does have several options at hisdisposal.

Prince William could also go with one of his middle names, including Philip, Arthur, George, or Louis. Kate, meanwhile, will take on the title as Queen Consort.

Source: Read Full Article

Kate, William Feel 'Mean' Homeschooling Kids Through Break

Little white lies! Duchess Kate and Prince William homeschooled Prince George, 6, and Princess Charlotte, 4, straight through spring break.

“Don’t tell the children but we’ve actually kept it going through the holidays,” the Duchess of Cambridge, 38, told the BBC on Thursday, April 16. “I feel very mean.”

Her husband, 37, added that homeschooling has been “fun,” while Kate went into detail on their little ones’ “stamina.”

“I don’t know how they get it done honestly,” she explained. “You sort of pitch a tent, take the tent down again, cook, bake [and] you get to the end of the day. They’ve had a lovely time, but it’s amazing how much they can cram into a day, that’s for sure.”

The couple, who also share their 23-month-old son, Prince Louis, are being open with their brood about the coronavirus pandemic.

“George is much older than Louis is, but they are aware,” the duchess told the outlet. “I think I’m always surprised. Although you don’t want to scare them and make it too overwhelming, I think it is appropriate to acknowledge it in simple ways and age-appropriate ways.”

Earlier this month, a source told Us Weekly exclusively that Kate was “always against” homeschooling her kids but “doesn’t have any choice” amid the COVID-19 spread.

“St Thomas’s school is closed due the COVID-19 pandemic and George and Charlotte are being taught online at Anmer Hall,” the insider explained. “When it comes to running quality online education, St Thomas’s is up there with the best.”

The source added, “Being educated from home is a shock to the system for [them]. To begin with, they were easily distracted and wanted to play together instead of sitting at a computer, but Kate’s now got them into a routine. … [She] is mainly in charge of the home schooling and playtimes, but William is also very involved too.”

Us confirmed in March that the royal couple’s children were going to be homeschooled. A spokesperson for Thomas’s London Day Schools announced at the time: “Due to the increasing numbers of children and staff being absent from school due to the Coronavirus situation, Thomas’s London Day Schools have decided to move to remote learning from Friday 20 March. From this date the curriculum will be taught through online learning platforms and we have asked parents to keep their children at home and to access their lessons through this system. This will ensure that children have continuity of learning when they are unable to attend school.”

For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!

Source: Read Full Article